Complimentary 90 Minute Taster Session, 17 June 2015, London.
Wednesday 17th June, 14.30 – 16.30 (Please be seated by 14.25). National Liberal Club, Whitehall Place, London SW1A 2HE
Mitigate merger risks with effective change management to ensure seamless integration
The challenges you will face in the process of integrating the workforce in both entities are many and complex. While you would expect your merger to bring about the desired growth, a majority falls short of their goals and objectives. While some failures can be explained by financial and market factors; a substantial number can be traced to mismanaged human resource (HR) people issues and processes.
People are key to making your merger work and it is the HR related challenges like cultural ignorance, leadership/management disputes, loss of key talent and the inability to manage change, which are the basic reasons why your merger may fail to deliver the desired results.
The top 5 obstacles to achieving success in your merger or acquisition are:
- Incompatible cultures
- To sustain financial performance
- Loss of key talent and a clash of management styles
- An inability to manage/implement change
- Objectives/synergies not fully understood
These obstacles are either directly or indirectly related to the management of your people and those cultural differences between companies may be the single barrier to your success.
Know The Primary Legal & People Obstacles You’ll Encounter In Your M&A Deal And How To Avoid Them:
- Due diligence – identifying and managing key legal and people risks
- The impact of TUPE
- Business continuity throughout the acquisition process
- Project planning: harmonisation and integration